Join Our Team
The Living Pantry family is growing.
We currently do not have any open positions.
We are looking for people passionate about service, connection, and caring for our environment through reducing waste. (Some weekend shifts are required.)
- read the position descriptions below
- download and complete an application, found --> HERE
- email your completed application with a cover letter to email@example.com (you may also deliver it in person to one of our locations)
- please be sure to include which location(s) you would like to work and approximate hours per week
Position: Customer Service Representative
On our team everyone plays a critical role in providing a connected, caring environment. A Customer Service Representative has strong communication skills and desire to connect with people. They are upbeat, outgoing, honest, and demonstrate integrity in their interactions. They greet customers and help identify their needs, present and answer questions about our products and mission, and recommend solutions. Ultimately, they will ensure that customers leave our store satisfied and cared for.
- Provide excellent, connected customer service
- Fill bulk orders for walk-in customers; assist customers with their own containers by weighing for tare weight
- Be available for customer conversation, answering questions, researching information for customers, as needed
- Learn about the products we have, use some of them, be able to fluently discuss them and make recommendations
- Share your ideas to improve the store experience, social media marketing, product procurement, displays, community outreach, etc.
- Be willing to co-create an atmosphere of collaboration, peace and integrity with co-workers by demonstrating honest communication and addressing issues as they arise in the workplace
- Stock products
- Take payment information and other pertinent information such as addresses and phone numbers
- Answer the telephone
- Keep store clean: sweeping, dusting, sanitizing, washing dishes
- Complete cash register transactions
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 60 pounds
- Understanding and embodiment of the principles of Compassionate Commerce
- Proven customer support experience
- Commit to a lifestyle of reducing waste and conscious consumerism
- Go the extra mile to engage customers
- Strong ability to adapt/respond to different types of people
- High school diploma or equivalent; college degree preferred
WHO YOU ARE & HOW YOU APPROACH YOUR WORK:
- Previous experience in customer service, sales, or other related fields: customer service and retail skills are essential for this position
- Willingness to jump in and help others regardless of the task
- Ability to build personal rapport with community, customers, and our team
- Excitement to create world-class customer experiences
- Excellent communication skills
- Enthusiastic about learning and trying new things
- Passionate about reducing waste and making a difference
- Punctual and dependable
Part-time position Hourly: up to 20 hours per week, schedule to be determined
Opportunity for growth.
Living Pantry is growing fast and as we grow we prefer to promote from within.