Join Our Team
The Living Pantry family is growing.
We currently have a Marketing Internship opening.
When considering applicants to join our team, we look for people passionate about service, connection, and caring for our environment through reducing waste and supporting local.
- read the position descriptions below
- download and complete an application, found --> HERE
- email your completed application with a cover letter to: apply @ livingpantry.com (you may also deliver it in person to one of our locations)
- include to which role(s)/position(s) you are applying
- include your availability to be scheduled
- include approximate hours per week desired
Customer Service Representative - Bellingham
On our team everyone plays a critical role in providing a connected, caring environment. A Customer Service Representative has strong communication skills and desire to connect with people. They are upbeat, outgoing, honest, and demonstrate integrity in their interactions. They greet customers and help identify their needs, present and answer questions about our products and mission, and recommend solutions. Ultimately, they will ensure that customers leave our store satisfied and cared for.
- Provide excellent, connected customer service
- Fill bulk orders for customers; assist customers with their own containers by weighing for tare weight
- Be available for customer conversation, answering questions, researching information for customers, as needed
- Learn about the products we have, use some of them, be able to fluently discuss them and make recommendations
- Share your ideas to improve the store experience, social media marketing, product procurement, displays, community outreach, etc.
- Be willing to co-create an atmosphere of collaboration, peace and integrity with co-workers by demonstrating honest communication and addressing issues as they arise in the workplace
- Stock products
- Take payment information and other pertinent information such as addresses and phone numbers
- Answer the telephone
- Keep store clean: sweeping, dusting, mopping, sanitizing, washing dishes
- Complete cash register transactions
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 60 pounds
- Understanding and embodiment of the principles of Compassionate Commerce
- Proven customer support experience
- Commit to a lifestyle of reducing waste and conscious consumerism
- Go the extra mile to engage customers
- Strong ability to adapt/respond to different types of people
- High school diploma or equivalent; college degree preferred
WHO YOU ARE & HOW YOU APPROACH YOUR WORK:
- Previous experience in customer service, support, or other related fields: customer service and retail skills are essential for this position
- Willingness to jump in and help others regardless of the task
- Ability to build personal rapport with community, customers, and our team
- Excitement to create world-class customer experiences
- Excellent communication skills
- Enthusiastic about learning and trying new things
- Passionate about reducing waste and making a difference
- Punctual and dependable
Part-time, Hourly position: approx 15 to 25 hours per week to start, with possible increase in hours up to 35 per week
Opportunity for growth.
Living Pantry is growing and as we grow we prefer to promote from within.
Social Media/Brand Ambassador
For this role, we are looking for someone passionate about creating Social Media content to join our team - someone who loves taking photos, creating videos, reels and who has posted content on Facebook, Instagram and the like. Ideally, you are looking for a great opportunity to build a social media marketing portfolio. This role is structured like an internship.
- experience creating social content - show us what you got! (include any content you have created for social media)
- passion for sharing the Living Pantry mission and message
- ability to commit to content creation deadlines
For the right person who can commit, there is a lot of flexibility and opportunity to work and grow within the team. This role could also include working as a customer service representative (see more below). Must be local to the Bellingham area.
If this is something that sounds like your jam, please apply so we can discuss how we can create this exciting opportunity together.
MARKETING/SOCIAL MEDIA INTERNSHIP
We are looking for someone passionate about marketing and creating connection with an extended community. This can be a great opportunity to add professional marketing experience on a resume and/or to build a social media marketing portfolio.
We have flexibility and are willing to tailor the specific functions and requirements of the internship to fit your needs. Below are some possible areas to be included.
Intern Functions and Responsibilities:
create plans and campaigns for social media to grow audience, brand awareness, and generate revenue
create promotional plans and segmentation for email/SMS campaigns
create and execute promotional collaborations with local businesses
research and engage in local sponsorship opportunities
assist in evolving/expanding our loyalty program
assist in newsletter creation
market research and further development of our services
assist in website updates and expansion
investigate other beneficial marketing outlets
experience with the principles of marketing and consumer behavior
experience creating social content
experience working with list building and email/SMS software
excellent communication skills
ability to commit to content creation deadlines
understanding and embodiment of the principles of Compassionate Commerce
commitment to a lifestyle of reducing waste and conscious consumerism
WHO YOU ARE & HOW YOU APPROACH YOUR WORK:
enjoy and thrive working independently as well as with a team
willingness to jump in and help others regardless of the task
ability to build personal rapport with community and team
Enthusiastic about learning and trying new things
Passionate about sustainability, reducing waste and making a difference
Punctual and dependable
Opportunity for growth.
Living Pantry is growing and as we grow we prefer to promote from within. For the right person who can commit, there is a lot of opportunity to work and grow within the team beyond Internship (can be combined with a Customer Service position.
TIMELINE & COMMITMENT
This internship requires a minimum commitment of 10 hours per week, for a minimum of 8 weeks - we can together determine a schedule and actual length of Internship that works best.
This is currently an unpaid Internship. We do offer a store discount of 15% Off, with some product exceptions, after satisfactorily completing 80 hours.
follow the instructions above, plus...
include in your cover letter detailing:
- why you are applying for the internship
- what you are looking for in this internship
- when you would like to begin
- how many hours per week you would like to commit
- anything else you would like to share or have us consider