A menstrual cup is one of the most convenient, economical, and environmentally friendly forms of period protection. XO Flo and XO Flo Mini are reusable cups that collect your flow rather than absorbing it, so you can use your cup for up to 12 hours at a time without irritation or dryness - even while sleeping, swimming, or exercising.
With proper care and use, your XO Flo can last for years of period protection that's better for your body and the environment. XO Flo's design features were developed to make insertion, removal, and wear more comfortable.
The XO Flo Difference
- XO Flo holds more fluid (38 ml) than most other cups due to its rounded shape and high, angled release holes
- XO Flo’s intertwined inner support rings form an “X” and “O” which provide different cup opening experiences, depending on how you fold it. Try a soft release by folding on “O” or a more springy release on “X”
- Smooth outer wall for comfortable insertion, removal, and all-day wear
- Inner rings come together towards the base so removal is as easy as pinch and remove
- XO Flo’s soft beaded stem is designed to be both trimmed and super comfortable when left untrimmed
Regular or Mini?
Generally those with heavier flow, higher cervix and those who have given birth will prefer the original XO Flo. The XO Flo Mini may be best suited for lighter flow, low cervix, a sensitive bladder, or those who haven’t given birth. Whether or not you've tried menstrual cups before, we’d be happy to point you in the best direction based on your individual needs.
When removing XO Flo, locate the base of the cup using the stem as a guide. Do not tug on the stem as it is not intended to be a removal string. Break the seal of the cup by pinching the base with fingers before gently removing.
After use, wash your menstrual cup with mild soap and water before reinsertion.
At the end of your cycle, wash and dry the menstrual cup before storing it in the drawstring fabric bag provided. Do not store your menstrual cup in a plastic bag or airtight container.
At the beginning of your next cycle, thoroughly wash your cup with mild soap and water before using. You may also choose to boil the cup in an open pan for up to 5 minutes. Note that prolonged boiling may damage your cup.
XO Flo has two small holes near the opening of the cup which should be kept clean. Do not use a toothpick or other sharp objects to clean the holes as this may damage the cup. Instead, submerge the cup in water and squeeze the water out through the holes. Your menstrual cup may naturally discolor slightly over time. This does not impair its function.